Five Ways to Celebrate Your Success.
“What we do in life echoes in eternity.” -Maximus (Gladitor, 2000)
How many times have you been asked, “Are you successful?” If so, what did you answer? If you answered no, take a step back and think. At any point in your life, you are a success. It doesn’t matter if you are 18 or 38 years old, we all have been successful.
The problem is that we mostly measure success in physical ways, like how much money we make. However, success is what YOU define it as. If you think making $50,000 a year is a success, so be it. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that.
For others thought, it may be completing a course in marketing or becoming certified as APR in public relations. The bottom line is that we all have successes, or victories, during life. We just don’t celebrate the little ones, we tend to celebrate the “bigger” ones.
Take the time to celebrate the small successes because when the bigger ones happen, you won’t be surprised. Here are five ways you can help measure your own success.
1. Make your goals attainable- Don’t set out to do something that is wildly impossible. Start small and work your way up.
2. Rate yourself- Are you happy with where you stand currently?
3. Preparation– Arm yourself with as much information as possible.
4. Stay focused- Don’t let ANYONE push you off course.
5. Be confident- This is most important. If you aren’t confident in yourself, how can you even start on the path to personal success?
Starting now, view yourself as a success. As you build your portfolio and resume, these little success will help you in life. It will lead to bigger things as well.
GO WITH CONFIDENCE!